Do you want to join a small creative company that is tackling major social problems?
Shift is a social enterprise based in London and San Francisco that designs products and builds social ventures to help solve social problems.
We are looking for an energetic, friendly, organised and creative Office Manager to run the Shift office and support our teams. You’ll be at the heart of the organisation, setting up and maintaining the spaces, facilities and systems that underpin the smooth running of a wide range of social change projects. You’ll set the tone for team culture and take responsibility for a happy, safe and rewarding work environment.
You’ll need to be:
- Organised and have a keen eye for detail
- Unflappable, with a can-do attitude
- Someone who takes pride in every job you do
- Friendly and good with people
- Good at juggling a wide range of tasks and prioritising a diverse workload
- Driven to have a positive social impact
Extra points if you:
- Have experience of working in an office environment in an administrative role
- Have good working knowledge of common I.T. systems
A typical day for our Office Manager might include:
- Getting in first to set up the Shift meeting space for external hire and meeting the clients
- Contacting all applicants to a new role at Shift and scheduling interviews
- Interrupting that to deal with the internet crashing and printer failing (by calling in our external IT providers and turning the Officejet off and on again)
- Posting some articles onto Shift’s social media accounts
- Researching activities for the team’s next away day
- Popping to the post office, supermarket, printers and hardware shop
- Tidying the office and organising storage
- Interrupting everything you’re doing to deal with phone calls and visitors
- Emailing the team on a Health and Safety issue they should be aware of
- Talking to our cleaner and arranging a handyman to come in
- Helping run a test event for a team working on new types of healthy fast food
Based in Farringdon, London
25 days annual leave, plus 1 additional day for each year at Shift (up to 5)
Matched pension contribution up to 2%
Line managed by the Finance Director
Must be in possession of valid UK work permit
Please submit a CV and a cover letter of no more than two sides of A4, explaining why you are interested in the role and why you are best placed for the job by Friday 26th May to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be working with agents or recruitment consultants to advertise or recruit this role.
Do you have a friend who’d be a perfect fit? Send them this link! Thanks.