Vacancy: Office Administrator
Do you want to join an innovative, bright team tackling major social problems?
Shift is a social enterprise based in London and New Orleans that designs products and builds social ventures to help solve social problems.
We are looking for an energetic, friendly and organised Office Administrator to run the Shift London office. You’ll be at the heart of the organisation – the first person most people speak to when they contact the organisation and the helpful elf ensuring our teams have everything they need to get their jobs done. You’ll manage the space and facilities, making sure everything is working smoothly so it’s a enjoyable, safe and effective place for the team to work.
We want someone awesome, and will look for someone with evidence of being:
- Organised – with a keen eye for detail and taking pride in every job you do.
- Proactive – in identifying systems and processes that can be improved.
- Unflappable – good at juggling a wide range of tasks and prioritising a diverse workload with a can-do attitude.
- Skilled – good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ideally experienced with Google Drive
- Numerate – confident dealing with invoices and cash.
- Articulate – good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player – willing and able to support staff across the organisation.
- Friendly – good with people and a pleasure to work with.
- Educated – to degree level.
- Motivated – to be part of team tackling major issues facing society
- In possession of valid UK work permit
A typical day for our Office Administrator might include:
- Setting up the Shift meeting room space for external hire and meeting the clients
- Performing health and safety, first aid, data protection compliance and fire officer checks
- Interrupting everything you’re doing to deal with phone calls and visitors
- Giving the cleaner instructions, contacting the landlord and arranging a handyman
- Meeting with the Shift Director team to report on progress implementing the hot-desking and remote working plans
- Popping to the post office, supermarket, printers and hardware shop
- Checking the stationery cupboard has everything needed for an upcoming workshop and re-organising our office storage
- Interrupting that to deal with the internet crashing and printer failing (by calling in our external IT providers and turning the Officejet off and on again)
- Clocking in and out the shared laptops
- Managing petty cash for a purchase for a project team
- Organising our summer day out
Shift is an award-winning social enterprise that designs consumer products and services which address social problems through behaviour change. By creating things that people need and like, and that can grow to scale as self-sustaining social ventures, we aim to have a measurable, long-term effect on some of the big issues we face. We follow a lean, user-centred research and design process to create products and services that demonstrate social, user and financial value.
Our portfolio includes Historypin, the communal historical archive building local social capital, BfB Labs, which develops biofeedback games that build resilience to mental illness and the fast food outlet Box Chicken, created as part of our healthy fast food work. Our team has won Webby and Tech4Good awards, were finalists in the 2014 Google Impact Challenge and were twice named a New Radical by Nesta and the Observer.
- £20,000 to £24,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus 1 additional day for each year at Shift (up to 5)
- Matched pension contribution up to 2%
- Part of an energetic, creative and passionate team, based in Farringdon, London
- Scope to take real ownership of office life in a fast-growing, socially-focused organisation
Please submit a CV and a cover letter of no more than two sides of A4, explaining why you are interested in the role and why you are best placed for the job by Friday 20th April to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews 30th April, 1st and 2nd May
We will not be working with agents or recruitment consultants to advertise or recruit this role.
Do you have a friend who’d be a perfect fit? Send them this link! Thanks.