Vacancy: Senior Innovation Lead
- Based in Farringdon, London
- £46 – £50k per annum
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 additional day for each year at Shift (up to 5)
- Matched pension contribution up to 4%
Shift is looking for a creative, inquisitive and passionate Senior Innovation Lead to join us and play a central role in the development of new products and services for both Shift and our amazing partners.
As a Innovation Lead at award winning design charity Shift, you’ll spend your days:
- Creating solutions (for Shift and it’s partners) that drive social impact, meet user needs and are financial sustainable
- Taking responsibility for the gradual development of compelling products and services working end-to-end through human-centred research, design strategy, testing, implementation and business planning
- Taking prototypes, products, services and solutions to market while continuing to iterate Building buzz and a network of users, customers, partners, experts and influencers around your product, service and vision
- Exploring and taking opportunities to build the dedicated product team and strategic partnerships throughout this process
- Writing funding, investor or client proposals to attract additional funding or win new business
- Supporting the team to share and develop best practice
You’ll be perfect for this role if you:
- Are a generalist able to take hold and ownership of the end to end innovation process on a diverse range of projects and products
- Collaborate well with a multidisciplinary team or researchers, designers, commercial strategists and partners
- Are a strong facilitator (in and out of workshops) and a strong project manager able to deliver large scale projects that bring together a diverse group of people, viewpoints, insights and skills
- Are both creative and process driven, able to take people on the creative journey with you while also stretching yourself and others to try new things
- Have a love for human centered design for social good and get obsessed with using it to tackle some of the world’s trickiest challenges
- Have proven experience of taking a product or service to market or of launching a venture Are not afraid to get your hands dirty and get in to the real world (fast) to learn more about the ideas, products and services you’re developing
- Work well with senior stakeholders, and have the proven ability to foster buy-in for the service design process and outputs
- Would (however humbly) say ‘that’s me!’ to the words impactful, practical, experimental, empathetic and entrepreneurial
Essential experience will include:
- 5+ years in a role in Service Design, Innovation, User Centered Design, UX or similar Experience supporting a end-to-end product or service development process
- Working on both improving existing products / services and building new ones
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and client management
Desirable experience will include:
- A proven record of working in teams who have piloted or scaled new social or consumer products or services in market
- Experience working on digital products and face to face services Experience working on products and services that deliver social impact
- Experience working in a startup or social business environment
If you are excited about this role…
Please submit a CV and a cover letter of no more than two sides of A4, explaining why you are interested in the role and why you are best placed for the job by 11.59pm on Sunday 3rd June to email@example.com.
Interviews will take place in the second week of June.
We will not be working with agents or recruitment consultants to advertise or recruit this role. Agents: please do not ignore this as you will be wasting your time and ours.
Shift is an award-winning social enterprise that designs consumer products and services which address social problems through behaviour change. By creating things that people need and like, and that can grow to scale as self-sustaining social ventures, we aim to have a measurable, long-term effect on some of the big issues we face.
We follow an agile, user-centred research and design process to create products and services that demonstrate social, user and financial value.
Our portfolio includes Historypin, the communal historical archive building local social capital, BfB Labs, which develops biofeedback games that build resilience to mental illness and the fast food outlet Box Chicken, created as part of our healthy fast food work.
Our team has won Webby and Tech4Good awards, were finalists in the 2014 Google Impact Challenge for our and were twice named a New Radical by Nesta and the Observer.